Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Book Review - My Not So Ordinary Life - Christine Rice


Disclaimer - The Joly Life blog recieved an E-book copy of this to review. Regardless, the opinions expressed below are 100% honest and my true feelings about the book below.





My Not So Ordinary Life talks about the life of the author from early on  until age 28.  I read this book fairly quickly as it goes thru her life struggles and how she overcame obstacle after obstacle.  This includes drug use, and partying, living with friends and in her car, defying authority, and so much more. She did all this while learning from her life experiences and changing her life for the better.

Would I recommend this book? Yes, highly! I rate it 5/5

Would I want to read more? Absolutely!  I would love to see this book in more detail because while I love the book, I would have loved more details about things she went thru. I know just from this book there is more to be read in the future, so it left me wanting more.

If you are looking for a quick read...this is the book for you.  While its not drawn out like most autobiographies are, it definately gets to the point quickly and moves right along in her memories.  This book has hurt, love struggles, emotional demons, addiction issues, a child dealing with divorce and her personal reactions to it, the honest raw feeling a person feels when they do not fit in anywhere and how they could deal with it. She talks of her first love, her addiction, her classes, and meeting the man of her dreams and how she went about getting him. To some this will hit home, to others they may not understand, but in the end they will see that she took bad situations and thru it all struggled to make it right for herself. She should be proud of what she accomplished and I applaud her for writing about it. It is hard for others to understand how people deal with things differently when they, themselves are not in that same situation.

Please be sure to check out her page on amazon.com and check out her other titles:
Be sure to follow her on her pages below :)
Facebook
Twitter
Pintrest
About Me
GoodReads
Christine Rice - Amazon.com
Author.com

If you want to learn more please check out her book on amazon below.

Purchase it here


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments :