Sunday, January 5, 2014

Expert Guide to Home Organizing Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

  The Expert Guide to Home Organizing is a very interesting book. It shares many great options for making your clutter and chaos into blissful organization!  I myself work from home as many of my readers will know and I blog, I am a stay at home mom as well as own my own business designing jewelry. YES it can be QUITE the mess!  Curious what I am talking about? I should paint a picture of the daily delimma I face as I work in my kitchen. I have 3 children and let me tell you when they are hungry it is into the work area they come and I have to hurry and make room for everyone to sit down. I have solved this issue for the moment by bringing in a card table to place my active work area onto for the moment.

That doesnt fully solve the problem. But after reading thru this book, I have several good ideas for decluttering and making it easier for me to mask my work area and also make it more organized. I just need a few more things to make it easier to work with.

The first thing I plan on doing is making a worktable that has shelves that makes my materials easier to access, I also plan on getting some of the  canvas baskets for my tools. I want to create a cabinet space that I can put my larger pieces into and that would hide things like my heat safe area for torching and i could use different things to mount my hand tools like torch, and rotary to the inside of the cabinet door. So I took a lot away from this book.

For instance when you are decluttering an area you should have 3 areas.

*below is taken from the book*
There are three questions you need to ask yourself: Do I use it? Do I need it? Do I love it? If you answered "NO" to any of these questions, the item needs to go. As you are going through your items, you have three piles to choose from: Keep, Sell/ Donate, and Toss. Once an item is in a pile, it stays in that pile!

Jones, Rhiana (2013-10-18). Expert Guide to Home Organizing (Expert Guides) (Kindle Locations 177-179). RLJ Publishing. Kindle Edition.

I love this quote because its very true. I have tried this before and it helped us get rid of lots of other stuff we hadn't used. I also tend to use this other idea. If you havent touched it in over 6 months its not worth keeping and at the point we see if its broken, then it gets tossed, or if its in good condition it gets donated. Usually to our yearly church garage sale.  That being said the skills I had before are more now with the help of this book. I highly recommend it to any moms that are frazzled with trying to the clutter cleaned up!  Check out the book and I believe you will get some very great info out of it as well.

I rate it a 5/5 and would recommend to anyone that needs a lil help in the organizing area!


 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments :